Proverbs 24:12

"...once our eyes are opened we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Clouds

I get two kids and a husband back late tonight! They've been in Canada to celebrate Opa and Oma's 50th. It's been a very busy weekend for me, but hopefully a great weekend for them!





On Thursday I got a very fun phone call from them during their short layover in Denver.

Ic: "Guess where WE are, Mom! [giggle, giggle]"
Me: "Well HI, Ike! Are you in Denver?!?"
Ic: "Nope!"
Me: [thinking... did they get re-routed or hung up somewhere?] "Where are you?"
Ic: [in a very animated voice] "We're in COLORADO!"
Me: "Oh, cool! So you're not in Denver then?"
Ic: "Nope!"
:)
More quotes regarding his first trip in an airplane:

"I loved going down! We went THROUGH clouds! Right THROUGH the clouds! It was SO COOL, Mom!! ... (giggle, giggle)" and, "I didn't even puke! ..Cuz it was just too much fun!" I wish there had been some way to record it.

I can hardly wait to get M here so that I can get her impressions. The Denver call was ended before I got to hear from her. I'm wondering if she'll gush as much as Ic did or if, at 10, she's 'far too mature' for such things. Either way, her hugs are worth a million and I intend to be a hug billionaire by Monday evening.

No comments: