Proverbs 24:12

"...once our eyes are opened we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Countdown begins!

"We're leavin', on a jet plane.. "

Tickets are BOOKED! Here we go! Details:

Leaving from Detroit at the ridiculous hour of 6 AM on March 14
Arriving in Addis at 8:35 AM (their time), March 15

Insert ~ lots of tears, nerves, meeting and hugging girls, more tears, laughter, more hugging, Embassy appointment, trip to Mukatore, meeting the girl's living relatives, more tears, more laughter, lots of playing with Layla kids, walks and games with our girls, picture taking, more laughter, hugging friends (that's YOU, Mindy!), farewell party, more tears, etc. ~

Leaving from Addis 10:15 pm (their time again), March 21
Arriving in Grand Rapids at the respectable hour of 6:32 pm, March 22

WHEW! Just in time for Easter!

2 comments:

Melody said...

YEAH!!!!! ....

I rejoice in your wonderful news, it will be here in no time, wow!!! congrads to Miraim, that is awsome! great job, your family is very blessed with wonderful children, give them all a hug from the Kamphorst tribe, and we will be thinking of you when the time comes, let me know if you need a hand... Mel

Heather Friesen said...

Tears: I remember my trip to adopt my first three from Layla House. I wasn't sure how I would react when I arrived at the complex. I needn't have worried. My emotions took over and I began weeping.

I am armed with that knowledge for the next time around. I also know it will be even more difficult to leave this time, because like you, I plan to spend lots of time playing with the kids at Layla. I won't want to leave! (It was heartbreaking for me to leave your Meron in July 2006. I am so glad she has you for a family!)

Praise God from whom all blessings (and some tears) flow.
Love, Heather :)